Decorating for a wedding is one of the most exciting and overwhelming experiences any bride will endure; it's important to manage a budget while getting the perfect look that you will remember for the rest of your life. One of the most prominent decorations you'll be choosing for your reception is the centerpieces. Wedding centerpieces can be as extravagant or as minimal as you'd like, but they can cost hundreds of dollars each if you're not careful. If you're looking for centerpiece ideas that are unique and won't break the bank, here are a few ideas to start with:
|photo credit: weddbook.com|
- If you're going for a vintage look you have plenty of centerpiece options. Tarnished metals and reclaimed woods are great materials for centerpieces. You can go with a silver pitcher or vase filled with pink roses, or a small wooden crate filled with gerbera daisies. Intricately designed candle sticks, picture frames and bird cages can add an extra vintage feel.
|photo credit: partyfavoritesblog.com|
- One of the most beautiful and unique decoration ideas is a suspended centerpiece. These centerpieces can be a few long vertical strands of flowers, prisms or lights that give off a chandelier feel, or for a long table, you can arrange suspended flowers for the length of the table.
|photo credit: bridalguide.com|
- Edible centerpieces are a great idea, since they can replace the need for both floral arrangements and a wedding cake. Instead of having one large dessert table at your wedding, why not have your desserts arranged on the table? You can use an assortment of dishes and platters to serve chocolates, candies and cupcakes. If you'd like a more decorative look, opt for floral cupcakes to be arranged in a bouquet as the main attraction.
|photo credit: blacknwed.com|
- For a romantic or even gothic touch candles are a great centerpiece. You can collect them in vases, bowls, and stands for an elegant and classic feel or stick with a cleaner more modern look by lining medium sized white candles in a neat line from end to end of the tables. You can mix and match different colors, fragrances, and sizes to add some visual appeal.
|photo credit: wevents.ca|
- Organic centerpieces are great for all kinds of weddings; big, small, elegant or casual. For country-style weddings, a large bundle of straw and wheat is a great option. For a more elegant feel, apothecaries or vases of herbs or interesting greenery add a classic touch. You can even give out the vases and decorative displays as wedding party gifts, saving you even more money!