|photo credit: indulgy.com|
Butterfly picks are available from florist suppliers and craft stores and are available in a range of materials and colors. For a modern contemporary touch, marabou feather butterflies are a popular choice. For something less exuberant feather, fabric or paper butterflies are a popular choice.
Through your wedding planning you can incorporate butterflies into many aspects of your wedding day. For instance:
|photo credit: colincowieweddings.com|
- Wear butterfly inspired jewelry such as pendants, chokers, bracelets or earrings. You could also look for butterfly shaped cufflinks or cravat/tie pin in a butterfly shape for your groom.
|photo credit: brideofcolour.co.uk|
- Adopt the same butterflies in your other floral arrangements for your reception.
- Have pomanders made of feather butterflies for your flower-girl or bridesmaids.
- You could have butterflies incorporated into the corsages and buttonholes for the wedding party.
- Decorate your tables with butterfly shaped candles on the tables and butterfly name card holders.
|photo credit: cottonandcrumbs.co.uk|
- Have your wedding stationery made with butterfly graphics or in a butterfly shape.
- Have butterflies released after your exit the ceremony venue as an alternative to releasing doves.
- For the ultimate butterfly wedding, have your ceremony in a butterfly house at a zoo or wildlife park.
- Give your bridesmaids wedding gifts of silver butterfly pendants or earrings.
|photo credit: weddingslooks.com|
- Give your reception a beautiful ambience with butterfly fairy lights strung around the walls.
Butterflies are very easy to incorporate into a wedding and are one of the least expensive options for decorations and embellishments. As with any wedding theme it is important to consider how you can coordinate them with each element of your wedding to produce a unified look to your wedding day.